Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Cambodia Travel Blog













I stayed at Phnom Penh; the capital of Cambodia. Two day ago, I head out to see the famous Angkor Wat temple in Siem Reap. The Angkor Wat temple was the Asian version of the Egyptian Pyramid. The temple was architecturally and basically magnificent. It achieved many architectural achievements in its time. It had involved over 50,000 people including artist, workers and engineers. I took a five hour bus trip. It was a hot and humid day but I had gotten use to it.


I had arrived at the town at around midday and it was very crowded. I went to the busy marketplace and bought some cheap souvenirs and cheap DVD’s. I also found some good restaurant’s, such as the Blue Pumpkin and the Bopha Angkor Restaurant. I went to the Bopha Angkor Restaurant. It was very cozy and shady and looked very welcoming. I ordered a lemongrass chicken soup and a mango and passionfruit shakes. Mmm, it was delicious; you could taste the sweet lemon flavour from the lemongrass and the refreshing coolness of the smoothie.


I then took a tuk-tuk to the temple. Along the way, I told the driver to stop. I had just passed a three year old boy with one of his legs blown of by a mine. I knew it was a serious problem in Cambodia and felt very sorry for him so, I threw in a couple of Cambodian money in the jar and hopped back on the tuk-tuk. When I saw it for the first time it was an incredible site. There were large trees surrounding the outside of one of the entrances. But the inside was the most interesting of all. The inside of the building had stone chipped paintings of women dancing and great massive battles and finally the most surprising of all was two elephants with two men on top fighting with spears. I guess that was a demonstration of how they used elephants during the ancient warfare. But my trip there had one downfall. I had narrowly missed stepping on five massive elephant droppings, but other than that it was never the lest enjoyable. Anyway, must catch the trip back to Phnom Penh if I want a nice relaxing evening at the hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.