Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Phuket2

Fresh off the plane, hot sweaty and ready to get out. I had just ventured through China, traversed the Great Wall, stood in awe at The Terracotta Army and survived the rush of Chinese New Year. As soon as I dumped my bags at the hotel and unpacked, I went for a bit of a walk.
I was in Kata Beach, Phuket and at a first glance there was not much to do. That was not the reality. Well concealed stalls and shops housed hundreds of DVDs, clothes and everything in between for sale. I would soon realize that almost every stall would be selling the exact soon wares though, a slight disappointment.
After a night by the beach and a traditional Thai meal, I fell asleep in my hotel room, mere minutes from the beach and restaurant. The following day I visited the star attraction of Phuket, the Big Buddha. The mere size of the sculpture was something to take my breath away and that was not even considering the view there was at the top of the mountain it was perched. The sea, the town and all of the markets was more than enough to drop my jaw in sheer awe of the landscape.
The next day I visited the beach, one of the most relaxing places on earth, at least in my opinion. After a day swimming and soaking up the sun I took a late night boat ride into Phang Nga Bay. While on the cruise we passed a very famous site called ‘James Bond Island’, this was a site where a scene in James Bond and The Man With The Golden Gun was shot. Though it may have not been the most exciting place on earth it was undoubtedly cool to be in a place where such a famous move had taken place.
That leads me to where I am now, sitting in my bed within my hotel room, two days down of my trip to Phuket, Five down in China. So much has happened and I am sure there is much more to come.





By Max Unter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.