I was sitting in the café with a coffee in one hand, and a camera in the other. My seat overlooked the sporting complex, which is home to many different national events here in Burma. This country has so much to offer any traveller.
The many sights that you can see here are some of the temples and religion/ customs of this country. The Country’s main religion is Buddhism but some of the other ethnic groups are Christian and Islamic, which unfortunately are not accepted by the government. One of the most fascinating destinations is the Shwezigon Paya located in Bagan, which was built in the 11th century, by the king Anawratha.
Nagpali beach was the next destination I went to, located in the South West of the country, in the Bay of Bengal. This beach has a turquoise bay and is a beautiful place for tourists. Two days ago, when I arrived at this beach it was a sunny Friday and this stunning palm-backed beach was filled with people. The bay was a stunning environment to swim in with nice warm water and is only 45 minutes drive from Yangon, the capital.
I went to get food from the villages around, which have many fish related products seeing as it is right in the heart of the sea. The dish that I had was the unofficial Burman cuisine called Mohinga, which consists of rice vermicelli which fish broth, onions, garlic and ginger, it sure did melt in my mouth.
Yesterday I travelled up to Yangon after staying near Ngapali beach for the night. I had come up here to see the Golden Rock, a sacred site balancing on the top of a cliff. On top of it is an 18 foot pagoda, an Asian Temple structure. This rock is 25 feet high has a number of viewing platforms. Around there are also several shrines and Pagodas, like the one on top of the tower which are all worth visiting. If you are a male you are welcome to touch the spectacular rock from the shrine that is beneath the cliff.
Burma is a great country to visit and it did make my heart drop the first time I got off the plane.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.