Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

With streets overrun by motorbikes merging in every different direction, horns honking and merchants calling out and tugging at me as I try and push my way down the busy footpaths, Vietnam has given me quite a shock. The cities are overwhelming with their noise and chaos but it is still always possible to find a quiet place in the many parks or on the river. Amidst the loud chaos, the country's beauty has unfolded before my eyes and I have found that Vietnam is a charming place with a lively vibe and energy. The country side and coastal villages make a relaxing change from the hectic cities and are very beautiful.

The Vietnamese people all seem to be very friendly and welcoming, trying to stay one step ahead of the rapidly growing tourist industry and working hard to make a living. Whether I am in the countryside surrounded by rice paddies or in Ho Chi Minh City, I don't seem to get very far without being approached by the locals wanting to talk to me to practice their English , sell their goods or just wanting friendly conversation.

Cheap delicious food is everywhere, in restaurants, markets and at stalls beside the road. It is easy to get a large bowl of Pho (noodle soup) at any time of the day or night but, the French influence is still apparent in the delicious, mouth-watering breads and baguettes available from the bakeries. Vietnam has proved to be an amazing and wonderful place and I will definitely be returning here for another visit as soon as I am able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.