Hey guys, this is my third night in Thailand and I’m having a blast. On our first day we visited the Chiang Mia National Museum in Bangkok. I saw some excellent Lanna Thai art pieces, ancient Buddha images and Thai war weapons. I was told that the over one thousand artefacts in the museum dated from ancient time’s right up to this day and age. Would you believe the museum was built in 1782!!!?
When I was on my way to Wat Traimit (the temple of the golden Buddha) I stopped at a spectacular Thai restaurant for lunch and had the most delicious Thai food I have ever had. I had a great meal including Tom Yum Goong soup, Ba Mee Phat Moo Yang noodles and Yum Goong Kati salad.
When we arrived at the temple of the golden Buddha we saw the massive Buddha statue which was three metres high and weighed five and a half tons of pure gold. I was told that it was broken when being moved and it revealed another gold statue inside it.
Yesterday morning we went to Wat Pho (the temple of the reclining Buddha) which was next to the Grand Palace. The Buddha was a massive golden statue build nearly two hundred years ago and was forty six metres long and fifteen metres high. That’s about twice as big as my house!!!
Anyway I’m getting tired so I better get to bed now. I can’t wait until tomorrow for another exiting day.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete