Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kites, Vampire-girls and Fish Sperm!

Today I visited the ET 2011. ET stands for Embedded Technology. Some of the highlights were:

 A lock that could be locked and unlocked by your smart phone.
 A beef powered train
 An underwater green ‘kite’

This last one intrigued me. They are small circular ‘kites’ that float in a water current the way a person flies a kite, except these generate energy. As seawater is 800 times as dense as air, the small turbines attached to the kites which sit on the ocean floor, can generate 800 times more energy than a normal wind turbine. 
I’m a bit of an environmental nut, so this invention was quite interesting to me. After that, I saw the Japanese movie “Frankenstein girl vs. Vampire girl” or 吸血少女対少女フランケン, in English subtitles. I was hungry, so I smuggled in the wonderful lollies that I brought in the market I went to yesterday. The plot was very strange, as a mad scientist makes his daughter come to life after she had been thrown from a roof by a half-vampire. The Frankenstein-like girl and the half Vampire continue to fight a bloody battle to win the love of a handsome boy who really doesn’t care about either of them. Later, I went to a jazzy Japanese restaurant and ordered a very nice and very strange ‘Shirouo no Odorigui’ with rice. That is, live fish that swim in your mouth with rice! I passed over the horse and dolphin meat and felt sick when I read ‘Shirako (白子)…fish sperm with rice and soy sauce’! 
All in all, Japan really is a fantastic country, and a wonderful place to travel!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.