The milkshakes in Phuket are amazing, much better than the ones in Bangkok. I arrived in Thailand about 4 weeks ago and so far I’ve had an amazing time. I’ve done so many things and have so many more to do.
I cannot wait to visit the temples tomorrow. I have walked past a fair few and have seen different things. Most people I saw took their shoes off before entering the temple. Just by walking past I can see a statue of Buddha.
The other day while walking past a temple, I saw a man with his two children praying. I couldn’t quite understand what he was saying. He was on his knees leaning down with his hands between his knees, tears slowly running down his cheeks, praying. I couldn’t understand much of what he was saying but I could tell it was a not a happy time for him and his two young children.
That really touched my heart and I wonder if, when I visit the temple, I will get a chance to pray. I can’t wait to see what rituals are performed in the temples and the Buddhist religion.
One thing I learnt the hard way was that drinking tap water is a big no no in Thailand. I was sick for almost a week just vomiting, which was no good at all. I now know to only drink bottled or boiled water.
I’m slowly picking up Thai etiquette. When I go into a restaurant I cannot order a starter, everything is ordered all together. Another strange thing is that you can’t order your own dish everything must be shared. Throwing your food out is also something that is never done in Thailand, it must all be finished. This is because the Thai believe the Thai God of Rice is enraged when food is thrown out.
I’ve already visited the Phuket zoo. The monkey show there was amazing. They did all sorts of things like push around a wheel barrow, do sit ups and even ride a bicycle!
Well I'm off for now i shall report to you back in a week about what i've found.
By Holly Pannell.
I cannot wait to visit the temples tomorrow. I have walked past a fair few and have seen different things. Most people I saw took their shoes off before entering the temple. Just by walking past I can see a statue of Buddha.
The other day while walking past a temple, I saw a man with his two children praying. I couldn’t quite understand what he was saying. He was on his knees leaning down with his hands between his knees, tears slowly running down his cheeks, praying. I couldn’t understand much of what he was saying but I could tell it was a not a happy time for him and his two young children.
That really touched my heart and I wonder if, when I visit the temple, I will get a chance to pray. I can’t wait to see what rituals are performed in the temples and the Buddhist religion.
One thing I learnt the hard way was that drinking tap water is a big no no in Thailand. I was sick for almost a week just vomiting, which was no good at all. I now know to only drink bottled or boiled water.
I’m slowly picking up Thai etiquette. When I go into a restaurant I cannot order a starter, everything is ordered all together. Another strange thing is that you can’t order your own dish everything must be shared. Throwing your food out is also something that is never done in Thailand, it must all be finished. This is because the Thai believe the Thai God of Rice is enraged when food is thrown out.
I’ve already visited the Phuket zoo. The monkey show there was amazing. They did all sorts of things like push around a wheel barrow, do sit ups and even ride a bicycle!
Well I'm off for now i shall report to you back in a week about what i've found.
By Holly Pannell.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.