The milkshakes in this little tiny café I went to in India today were absolutely dreadful but the curry I had was like of that in a 3 hat restaurant back home. I have been here for about 2 weeks now and the family I am staying with are so lovely. They have shown me around everywhere and I feel I am really getting to know this place better. I love how it is always sunny and it is definitely something I am going to miss when I move up further north to the mountain ranges later in my trip.
I think India is a beautiful country, the people are friendly and they have such an amazing culture. Yesterday I went with my host family to their cousins wedding. The brides wedding dress was exquisite and the decorations and excitement of the event were astounding. The ceremony was lovely but very different to any that I have ever seen or heard of. After the wedding we went to the Taj Mahal for some photos. The Taj Mahal is a building built by a man in honour of his wife. I have had an amazing day and I have really grown to love this country for its traditions and amazing sights.
Tomorrow my host family has offered to share some of their old passed down family recipes with me I am so exited to learn how to cook with traditional Indian spices and learn different cooking techniques like cooking with all different spices like coriander, cloves cumin and cardamom and many more.
As my time here comes to a close I am realising how much I will miss the fantastic traditional architecture and lovely people. India is definitely a place I will visit again in the future and highly recommend coming here.
Maddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.