Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Diwali Festival

We have been in New Delhi, India, for 6 days now. It is very humid as we are in the post-monsoon period. There are mosquito’s everywhere and I have already been bitten 7 times! Today was the third day of the famous and wonderful Diwali festival of lights. I have spent my days with my family and some Indian friends, who have been guiding us along the festival. Today I learnt that the third day signifies the worship of the goddess of wealth. We have lit many small clay lamps which were filled with oil to apparently signify the triumph of good over evil and saw the most amazing and colourful fireworks.

Being here in India makes me think about how important relationships are. Everyone is looking after each other and working together. It is so amazing just to see the connections these people have between one another.

At the end of the Diwali festival, which is in 2 more days, we will be coming back home. I have had a fantastic time so far and can’t wait to discover more exciting things here.

Izzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.