Hey guys, I’m back again here in Cambodia. I’m just in time to join the Water Festival. It is apparently the most extravagant festival on the calendar. Up to a million people come down to the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers, to watch over fifty paddlers as they battle it out for the title. This festival talks about how important the river is to them. Farmers and fisherman rely on its fish and water to live off. The fluvial festivities are meant to keep the river divinities happy, ensuring a bountiful harvest of rice and fish
for the year to come. Earlier today I was walking along the Tonle Sap River, admiring the views, when people started running down towards me. I suddenly realised what they were running for. So I ran the same direction that they were running to see four brightly coloured wooden boats with paddlers racing towards the finish line. I heard screaming and shouted as they approached it. I walked off to get some air. It was thirty-nine degrees and I was sweating off my eyebrow. I then stumbled into a farmer carrying cabbage, I quickly apologised to him but he waved his hand. I had felt so bad because I had just ruined a happy cheerful famer. As the night approach, fireworks started popping through the night sky, ripping through the darkness. People cheered as each firework started popping into the sky. It was such an amazing experience going to that festival. It shows how much the Cambodians care about nature. It time for me to go now so, leah hai! And I hope to see you soon.
for the year to come. Earlier today I was walking along the Tonle Sap River, admiring the views, when people started running down towards me. I suddenly realised what they were running for. So I ran the same direction that they were running to see four brightly coloured wooden boats with paddlers racing towards the finish line. I heard screaming and shouted as they approached it. I walked off to get some air. It was thirty-nine degrees and I was sweating off my eyebrow. I then stumbled into a farmer carrying cabbage, I quickly apologised to him but he waved his hand. I had felt so bad because I had just ruined a happy cheerful famer. As the night approach, fireworks started popping through the night sky, ripping through the darkness. People cheered as each firework started popping into the sky. It was such an amazing experience going to that festival. It shows how much the Cambodians care about nature. It time for me to go now so, leah hai! And I hope to see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.