I step out of the airport; Hit with the smells and aromas of
As the alarm went off I almost feel out of bed. It was up for a 5.30 am wake up call; we are going on a long trip today to the bridge over the river Kwai which is only 150 ks from
Kanchanaburi is beautiful; I exited the travel coach with glee. Kaeng phet pet yang or roast duck in red curry was the dish we made, the process was long, and I won’t ramble on about it, but it was burst or aromas going up your nostrils, a taste full of spices filling your mouth and a full and satisfied stomach. A meal I will always have embedded in my taste buds.
We ended up spending the night in the local villagers thatched houses right on the river, it was the most peaceful, serine, experience… until my $350 photography camera fell into the river. In all this heat and panic, I happened to forget it was waterproof up to 10m deep. I brought it up and out of the water, drying it on my loose shirt. I turned it on and went through photos I had taken, my first day in
Liv
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.